Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Done with Osiris Prochymal Stem Cell Experiment

So yeah, my round 2 of my Osiris Prochymal infusions didn't go so well. My Crohn's has been flaring even worse since the second phase started. Literally hours after the infusion I started flaring and haven't been right all week. Tremendous pressure in my stomach and gas (signs of a potential blockage). So I am abandoning the final infusion and assuming this round I got rerandomized as a placebo. It happens with trials, but not worth a couple more hours of sugar water. Got a script for Entocort steroids to try to quell the Crohn's flare up. I should be frustrated, but I honestly am not. It's all part of God's plan and I am just gonna keep rollin on. Back to the drawing board when I visit Dr. Shafran on Monday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a great attitude to have. A moderator at one of the CCFA support groups told me once "Everyone hits remission at some point."

Happy Holidays,
Debbie

Sarah's Blog said...

Don't lose hope. We'll get you all better.

Crohn's Disease Blog