Thursday, September 13, 2007

Severe Neck Pain

Ok, in a nutshell...my neck has been messed up for a little over a month. It feels to me more of a nerve than a muscle. Last night in my soccer game I tweaked it a bit...then a bit more. It hurt prior to going to bed. Sometime into the middle of the night I realized I can't even move. UNBELIEVABLE PAIN. I barely made it to work, and left at 4 for a doctors appt.. I can't pick my head up all the way without blinding pain. I can't turn it. I can't breathe heavy...cough...nothing...I am googling it now...seems to be unrelated to Humira (which can actually be used to help arthritis and joint/muscle pain). Really nervous...will keep you updated.

UPDATE
OK, so I went to the doctor and got a cortisone injection, solumedrol and a muscle relaxer. I am having serious muscle spasms and have some tears/striations and bleeding. Hopefully no nerve damage. I feel quite a bit better. Hopefully I am not out of soccer and running too long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your neck. I will send you good vibes and positive thoughts. Thanks for the shout out. I also wanted to share the good news that my insurance just okayed Humira for me! I have a teaching appointment next week and then start on Thursday.

Keep us updated about your neck. Have a blessed day. Brandi

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. Take care.

Crohn's Disease Blog