Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another Humira Shot and more night sweats!


Those of you that know me laugh when I talk about getting shots for something related to my Crohn's Disease. You laugh because I have somewhere around 15 tattoos, but wimper at the thought of a quick prick with a needle. Well these Humira shots HURT! The needle itself is no big deal, but the pain as the medicine enters is pretty tough. I usually get through it thinking about tattoos or using the adreline part of it. Either way, I am off of the Asacol, 6MP, etc so I guess I should not complain too much. My next Humira injection is on the horizon. For those of you looking for more information on Humira and Crohn's Treatment, click here for the humira website.


And while I am complaining....Anyone else get the night sweats? I have them more often than not, but I sweated through my sheets twice last night. I do not entirely understand the connection between Crohn's disease and night sweats but I often (well my wife Amy does) change the sheets by 1am, then have to cover my side with towels again at 3 am. A pain in the ass...no pun intended.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have five tatts. The Humira hurts a bit, but I still like it better then the hours spent on Remicade drips. I am getting my 6th this weekend!

Mark from Philly

Anonymous said...

I have been on Humira shots once a week for 5 years as a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer. I found that the either the syringe or pen will not hurt nearly so bad if you hold an ice cube directly on the injection site for 10 minutes. Most time, I can hardly even feel it. I dreaded the shots until I found out about this tactic, now I don't mind at all.

Crohn's Disease Blog